You’ve built a beautiful new building, invested countless resources in it, but months after moving in, the heating, air conditioning, and lighting still aren’t operating effectively. Building commissioning could have prevented this headache and saved you time and valuable resources.
What Is Commissioning?
Generally speaking, building commissioning is the process of enhancing the delivery of a project, as well as verifying and documenting that all of the commissioned systems and assemblies have been planned, designed, installed, tested, operated, and maintained to meet the Owner’s Project Requirements.
At LKPB Engineers, an IMEG Company, we define building commissioning as making absolutely sure that your building systems and equipment work the way they are intended to work, and that your team knows exactly how to operate them.
Why Choose LKPB Engineers, an IMEG Company for Building Commissioning?
We take a hands-on approach to the building commissioning process. We don’t generate more paperwork; we make sure your equipment works. We recommend, and primarily use, ASHRAE Standard 202-2013 - Commissioning Process for Buildings and Systems. We are familiar with and can also use Guideline 0 and other forms when required.
Our team will help lead all of the construction team members through all phases of the construction process to successfully meet the Owner’s Project Requirements.
The Building Commissioning Services We Offer
Whether you’ve been in the same location for decades or are planning a new construction process, we have a building commissioning service that will help you improve the efficiency and reliability of your building systems.
- Commissioning. For new buildings, or new additions to existing buildings.
- Re-Commissioning. For buildings that were previously commissioned.
- Retro-Commissioning. For existing buildings that were never commissioned.
- LEED and B3 Commissioning. All types of LEED and B3 commissioning.
The Benefits of Commissioning
Our building commissioning services provide you with an added level of control and assurance that your project is being completed to your standards. When you partner with LKPB Engineers, an IMEG Company for building commissioning, you can expect to notice the following benefits:
- Increased Energy Savings. When all systems are running efficiently, you’ll notice a difference in your overall energy costs.
- System Optimization. While your systems need to be able to meet whatever operating demands are required of them, it’s important to make sure they are not working harder than necessary. We take a big-picture look at your systems in order to anticipate potential problems and capitalize on opportunities.
- Improved Reliability. Better efficiency doesn’t just mean lower operating costs. When your systems are running properly and at peak efficiency, you are less likely to encounter issues such as mechanical failure.
- Trained Building Operators. Our team of experts will lead all team members through each phase of the construction process, so your team will be fully trained to operate and maintain your building systems and equipment.
- Comfortable Occupants. While reliability and financial savings are important, so is the comfort of your building’s occupants. We create solutions that are designed to meet the needs of the people who live or work in your facility.
- Peace of Mind. Rather than hoping that your systems and equipment are set up and operating properly, you should know that they are! With our hands-on commissioning process, you’ll have peace of mind that your systems and equipment are working the way they are intended to, and that your staff has been fully trained in their operation.
What Kinds of Facilities Does LKPB Engineers, an IMEG Company Commission?
Due to the widespread need of quality commissioning services, we offer our services to a wide array of different clients. We have experience commissioning an assortment of different facility types, including:
- Data Centers
- Office Buildings
- And many others
Discover how building commissioning from LKPB Engineers, an IMEG Company can help you improve the reliability and efficiency of your facility!